Dr Pepper Vegan Bbq Ribs
These seitan ribs are juicy and smoky.
- 1 cup wheat gluten
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp vegetable bullion
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup tahini or peanut butter
- BBQ SAUCE
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp cilantro
- 1 tsp red chili peppers
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp creole hot sauce
- 2 1/2 cups Dr Pepper
- 1 1/4 cup ketchup
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Combine all dry ingredients. Knead in margarine and tahini. Add about 1 cup water making sure dough is thick but not dry.
Preheat oven to 375*F. Press dough into an oiled casserole dish.
Bake 20 minutes or until no longer doughy.
Combine all sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cut seitan into rectangles.
Add seitan to bbq sauce. Boil 5-10 minutes until some of the sauce soaks into the ribs.
You'll also love
- NEW BRUNSWICK STEW 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Dr Pepper Cake 3.9/5 (24 Votes)
- Bulgur or Cracked Wheat Salad 3.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Chicken with Soy 3/5 (22 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Breasts 3/5 (24 Votes)
- Maki peppers 3.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Potato Red Onion Tortilla Pie 3/5 (23 Votes)
- Cabbage pakora 2.9/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!