Great Red Pepper and Beef Chili Con Carne
- 2 large diced onions
- 1 diced bell pepper (any colour will do)
- 4 cans of kidney beans
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 2 tbsp of chili paste (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Saute the onion and peppers in a deep pot untill the onions are translucent.
Add the ground beef and stirr untill fully cooked.
Add the kidney beans, chili powder and chili paste.
Stir untill combined.
Add water untill almost fully covered.
When it boils, turn down the heat and cover.
Cook for about 60 minutes.
You can serve this with garlic toast on the side for a quick lunch or over french fries or hotdogs for supper.
You'll also love
- Dad's Homemade Chili Con Carne 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Yummy and Simple Chili Con Carne 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- 20 minute chili 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Better Than Sex Pasta 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Stuffed Meatballs n Sauce 3.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Peach Pleasure 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Quick Salad 3.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Goulash 3/5 (65 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.