7 Easy Mussel Dishes for Date Night or Dinner Parties
Feeling less than confident when it comes to cooking these popular bivalve mollusks? They're actually quite easy to prepare at home and lend themselves to many delicious preparations. Check out our easy recipes now.
1/8 View slideshow
© iStock / Getty Images Plus / fazeful
Looking for a light and tasty appetizer with a sophisticated flair? These stuffed mussels are a delicious option and super easy to prepare. Stuffed with a buttery, garlicky, cheesy filling and crispy breadcrumbs, they're an impressive hors d'oeuvre you'll want to make for any occasion.
More steaming articles
60 Family Dinner Recipes for When... 3 Game Of Thrones Dishes You Need To... Box Mixes You Need To Stop Buying and...
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Comment on this article