Cooking vegetarian for kids - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Top rated Vegetarian for kids recipes
Vegetarian Broccoli Salad with Water Chestnuts
This wonderful salad is full of veggies and covered in a sweet lemon sauce
- 1 cauliflower cut in small pieces
- 2-3 broccoli heads
- 1 can water chestnut cut in small pieces
- Sunflower seeds
- Green onions
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Slice zucchini, eggplant, or squash into strips that resemble wide lasagna noodles
- or summer squash*
- Morningstar Protein Crumbles (essentially vegetarian ground beef)
- Marinara Sauce (or just tomato sauce)
- Mozzarella and Ricotta (or mom's mixture)
- Olive oil
- *Don't use a super hard squash or you'll be sorry. No gourds!
Vegetarian Bacon Cheddar Waffles
These waffles are so good that meat-eaters won't notice that it's vegetarian
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar plus more to serve
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp creole hot sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 lg sweet onion
- diced and sauteed
- 1 cup vegan simulated bacon bits
- 1 cup old cheddar
Vegetarian eggplant, my way
Cut the eggplant in half, keeping the tail
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- grated cheese (gruyere
- swiss or cheese of your choice)
- olive oil
- 5 pepper corns