Cooking vegetarian for kids - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Vegetarian for kids recipes
Vegetarian Broccoli Salad with Water Chestnuts
This wonderful salad is full of veggies and covered in a sweet lemon sauce
- 1 cauliflower cut in small pieces
- 2-3 broccoli heads
- 1 can water chestnut cut in small pieces
- Sunflower seeds
- Green onions
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
15 Satisfying BBQ Recipes That Are 100% Vegetarian
By Florentine - 750 Grammes
Why should meat-eaters get all the fun at a cookout? These recipes prove that BBQs can also be vegetarian-friendly.
Slice zucchini, eggplant, or squash into strips that resemble wide lasagna noodles
- or summer squash*
- Morningstar Protein Crumbles (essentially vegetarian ground beef)
- Marinara Sauce (or just tomato sauce)
- Mozzarella and Ricotta (or mom's mixture)
- Olive oil
- *Don't use a super hard squash or you'll be sorry. No gourds!
50 Awesome Ways to Eat Artichokes
Whether they're marinated in a jar or fresh from the garden, artichokes can make almost any meal better! Here are 50 fun ways to eat them.
Vegetarian Bacon Cheddar Waffles
These waffles are so good that meat-eaters won't notice that it's vegetarian
- 2 cups soymilk
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar plus more to serve
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp creole hot sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 lg sweet onion
- diced and sauteed
- 1 cup vegan simulated bacon bits
- 1 cup old cheddar
Vegetarian eggplant, my way
Cut the eggplant in half, keeping the tail
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- grated cheese (gruyere
- swiss or cheese of your choice)
- olive oil
- 5 pepper corns