The best vegetarian mains - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Vegetarian mains recipes
Vegetarian Grilled Quesadilla- Italain Style
The Wiki Says -- A quesadilla is a Mexican food made primarily of cheese inside a folded corn or wheat tortilla and...
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese ( i used mozzarella)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- Butter/oil for toasting the tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- Oregano,basil,thyme mix-2 tbsp
Vegetarian Aloo Keema
This is an Indian recipe with potatoes and vegan ground chick'n
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 pkg vegan ground chick'n
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp corriander
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 cup mango vanilla yogurt
Slice zucchini, eggplant, or squash into strips that resemble wide lasagna noodles
- Zucchini, eggplant, or summer squash*
- Morningstar Protein Crumbles (essentially vegetarian ground beef)
- Marinara Sauce (or just tomato sauce)
- Mozzarella and Ricotta (or mom's mixture)
- Olive oil
- *Don't use a super hard squash or you'll be sorry. No gourds!
Vegetarian eggplant, my way
Cut the eggplant in half, keeping the tail
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- grated cheese (gruyere, swiss or cheese of your choice)
- olive oil
- 5 pepper corns