The best vegetarian mains - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Did you know you can toast sweet potato slices... and it's absolutely delicious!
- Slice an avocado in half.
- In a bowl, combine avocado with half an onion (diced) and coriander.
- Add the juice from half a lemon and some salt, and mix.
- Cut a sweet potato into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in a toaster, making sure to toast both sides.
- Spread the avocado mix onto the toast. Enjoy!
Top rated Vegetarian mains recipes
Vegetarian Grilled Quesadilla- Italain Style
The Wiki Says -- A quesadilla is a Mexican food made primarily of cheese inside a folded corn or wheat tortilla and...
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese ( i used mozzarella)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped cabbage
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- Butter/oil for toasting the tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste to taste
- Oregano,basil,thyme mix-2 tbsp
Vegetarian Aloo Keema
This is an Indian recipe with potatoes and vegan ground chick'n
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 pkg vegan ground chick'n
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp corriander
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 cup mango vanilla yogurt
Slice zucchini, eggplant, or squash into strips that resemble wide lasagna noodles
- Zucchini, eggplant, or summer squash*
- Morningstar Protein Crumbles (essentially vegetarian ground beef)
- Marinara Sauce (or just tomato sauce)
- Mozzarella and Ricotta (or mom's mixture)
- Olive oil
- *Don't use a super hard squash or you'll be sorry. No gourds!
Vegetarian eggplant, my way
Cut the eggplant in half, keeping the tail
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- grated cheese (gruyere, swiss or cheese of your choice)
- olive oil
- 5 pepper corns