Have you tried to make cloud eggs for breakfast? Imagine fluffy whites, runny yolks and texture light as clouds. That’s what eggs on a cloud are all about!
- 4 Eggs
- 4 slices Bread
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Chives (optional)
- Chili Flakes (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Adapted from happyfoodstube.com
Separate the egg whites from egg yolks, leaving the egg yolks in their shells or in small bowls (one bowl per yolk is the best option). Make sure you don’t break the yolks.
Add seasoning, chili flakes and chopped chives (if using) to egg whites. Whip the whites until they are stiff. Spoon onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment (see note 1) paper forming 2 “clouds”. With the back of your spoon create a dent in the center of each cloud and carefully place the egg yolk in.
Bake at 356F/180C for 8 minutes or until the edges have turned golden brown.
Serve with toast, beans, bacon, or any way you like!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!