Sugar-free - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Sugar-free recipes
Sugar-Free Banana Teething Biscuits
These baked-twice biscuits use unsweetened pureed apple instead of sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce or apple puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 1/2 bananas)
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Sugar-free fat-free ice cream
Delicious homemade treat without all the calories
- 1quart fat free half and half
- 1tall can evaporated skim milk
- 1/2gallon skim milk
- 21/2cups Splenda
- 2tbsp vanilla
Sugar-Free Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Cut up rhubarb and add everything together
- 7 c. rhubarb
- 1 can lite strawberry pie filling
- 4 c. Endulzante sweetener
- 1 pkg. sugar free strawberry jello