10 eggplant recipes that guarantee you'll have a great summer
Make the most of this delicious summer veggie with these 10 impossibly easy eggplant recipes!
If you're looking for a low-carb version of lasagna, then you've got to try this recipe with eggplant and mozzarella! Start by frying up an onion and then add 1 pound of ground beef. When nicely browned, add 1 large can of chopped tomatoes and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Wash the eggplants and then slice them thickly, lengthwise. Brown them in a hot pan with some olive oil. Then compose the lasagna with 1 layer of eggplant, 1 layer of meat sauce and 1 layer of fresh mozzarella cheese. Repeat until you reach the top of your baking dish, and bake for 40 minutes at 350 °F until bubbling.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!