sweet and sour pork
- 2 pounds pork boneless boston butt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sause
- 1 can pineapple chunks drained reserve the suryp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 carrots cut diagonaly into thin slices
- 2 teaspoons soy sause
- 1 teaspoon salt & garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 green bell pepper cut into small squares
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Trim the fat from the roast and cut the roast into small chunks. heat oil.
Beat flour, corn starch, water, egg and soy sause untill its a smoothe batter. stir chunks of pork in until completely covered in batter and put into fridge to marinade at least 30 min.
Fry the meat in HOT oil. turning 2 to 3 times for five min. Dry the meat with paper towel and newspaper.
add water to reserved pineapple suryp then add into skillet with water carrotts, soy sause, brown sugar, vinegar and garlic. simmer until carrots are tender then add bell peppers. add cornstarch and wondra or thickener of choice.
Never add corn starch to hot liquid it will form lumps- mix in cold water & then add slowly stirring constantly.
You'll also love
- sweet and sour pork 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Rice + ham + broccoli mix 4.1/5 (5 Votes)
- New Orleans Jambalaya 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Noodle with Cabbage Salad- Khaub... 3.1/5 (44 Votes)
- Basic Baked Ham 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Pork chop sauce 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ French Riviera Torte 2.9/5 (63 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.