Our favorite sweet and sour pork recipes - 2 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: sweet & sour
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Sweet and sour pork recipes
sweet and sour pork
By Amelie a-vos-baguettes , blog A vos baguettes
Cut the pork into thin slices (between 5mm and 1cm thick)
- 8 oz tenderloin
- Marinade for pork:
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (Japanese)
- 1 tsp sake
- 1 teaspoon potato starch (katakuriko)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers (any color you want)
- One young bamboo shoot precooked (takenoko)
- 4 fresh shiitake (if easily found)
- Half carrot
- Mixture for the final sauce:
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp Chinese chicken broth powder (normally used to make Chinese soup)
- 2 tsp potato starch (katakuriko)
- some oil (sesame or other) for cooking
10 gourmet condiments that will change your life
Not only are they delicious, but they make the perfect edible gifts too! Get started here>>>>
sweet and sour pork
Trim the fat from the roast and cut the roast into small chunks
- 2 pounds pork boneless boston butt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sause
- 1 can pineapple chunks drained reserve the suryp
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 2 carrots cut diagonaly into thin slices
- 2 teaspoons soy sause
- 1 teaspoon salt & garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 green bell pepper cut into small squares