Our favorite sweet and sour pineapple recipes - 3 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: sweet and sour recipe
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Sweet and sour pineapple recipes
Sweet and Sour Sauce
Sweet and sour sauce perfect for chicken pork or anything else you might put sweet and sour sauce on
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbs vinegar (rice wine or white)
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbs cornstarch
How to Make the Perfect Caramel Sauce
Learn how to make perfect, runny caramel sauce in this sweet tutorial by our Gourmandize Chef Damien. Follow this easy to follow, short video guide how to achieve a runny caramel and you'll never fail your caramel sauce again.
Sweet and Sour Chicken with Pineapple
Asian sweet and sour sauce with pineapple and pea pods with chicken serve over rice
- boneless chicken cutlets cut in small bite size pieces i use i long pkg of skinless chic about 8 cutlets
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 tbl ketchup
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbl soy sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- pineapple chunks or tidbits if you can find them
- pea pods i find them either frozen sec or produce area
10 beloved condiments that taste better made from scratch
These cant-live-without condiments TASTE so much better when they come from your KITCHEN- so here's how to make them!
Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
Place paprika in a large resealable plastic bag
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 1/2 boneless pork loin roast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 (20 oz) pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 6 cups hot cooked rice