This Cold Vietnamese Dish is the Salad You Didn't Know You Needed
Bo bun is a delicious & refreshing Vietnamese dish that's actually super easy to make at home.
1/10 View slideshow
© Silvia Santucci
Vietnamese Beef & Noodle Salad (Bun bo xao)
This Vietnamese dish is made of a wholesome beef and noodle salad, full of contrasting flavors and textures. The traditional recipe typically includes thin rice vermicelli noodles, bean sprouts, sauteed beef, raw veggies, lettuce, herbs and a handful of crushed peanuts. Dressed with nuoc mam, a Vietnamese dipping sauce, it's also often garnished with fried spring rolls. Try our easy step-by-step recipe for this refreshing and satisfying dish!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Comment on this article