Easy Japanese recipes you'll love - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Easy Japanese recipes
sweet and sour pork
By Amelie a-vos-baguettes , blog A vos baguettes
Cut the pork into thin slices (between 5mm and 1cm thick)
- 8 oz tenderloin
- Marinade for pork:
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (Japanese)
- 1 tsp sake
- 1 teaspoon potato starch (katakuriko)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers (any color you want)
- One young bamboo shoot precooked (takenoko)
- 4 fresh shiitake (if easily found)
- Half carrot
- Mixture for the final sauce:
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp Chinese chicken broth powder (normally used to make Chinese soup)
- 2 tsp potato starch (katakuriko)
- some oil (sesame or other) for cooking
Easy Japanese-Mexican Fajita Nights
On a very lightly buttered pan, add a tortilla and before it starts bubbling up and rising, flip over to the other ...
- 1. Bag of Tortillas
- 2. Cilantro
- 3. Feta cheese to taste
- 4. Tofu or Last night's ground beef
- 5. Dates for garnish
- 6. Light butter