Easy Japanese recipes you'll love - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!
Top rated Easy Japanese recipes
sweet and sour pork
By Amelie a-vos-baguettes , blog A vos baguettes
Cut the pork into thin slices (between 5mm and 1cm thick)
- 8 oz tenderloin
- Marinade for pork:
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (Japanese)
- 1 tsp sake
- 1 teaspoon potato starch (katakuriko)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers (any color you want)
- One young bamboo shoot precooked (takenoko)
- 4 fresh shiitake (if easily found)
- Half carrot
- Mixture for the final sauce:
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp Chinese chicken broth powder (normally used to make Chinese soup)
- 2 tsp potato starch (katakuriko)
- some oil (sesame or other) for cooking
Easy Japanese-Mexican Fajita Nights
On a very lightly buttered pan, add a tortilla and before it starts bubbling up and rising, flip over to the other ...
- 1. Bag of Tortillas
- 2. Cilantro
- 3. Feta cheese to taste
- 4. Tofu or Last night's ground beef
- 5. Dates for garnish
- 6. Light butter