Easy Japanese recipes you'll love - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Easy Japanese recipes
sweet and sour pork
By Amelie a-vos-baguettes , blog A vos baguettes
Cut the pork into thin slices (between 5mm and 1cm thick)
- 8 oz tenderloin
- Marinade for pork:
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (Japanese)
- 1 tsp sake
- 1 teaspoon potato starch (katakuriko)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers (any color you want)
- One young bamboo shoot precooked (takenoko)
- 4 fresh shiitake (if easily found)
- Half carrot
- Mixture for the final sauce:
- 4 tablespoons vinegar (I used rice vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp Chinese chicken broth powder (normally used to make Chinese soup)
- 2 tsp potato starch (katakuriko)
- some oil (sesame or other) for cooking
Easy Japanese-Mexican Fajita Nights
On a very lightly buttered pan, add a tortilla and before it starts bubbling up and rising, flip over to the other ...
- 1. Bag of Tortillas
- 2. Cilantro
- 3. Feta cheese to taste
- 4. Tofu or Last night's ground beef
- 5. Dates for garnish
- 6. Light butter