10 5-Ingredient Spicy Recipes that are Perfect For Summer
The heat of the summer months can leave you lacking enthusiasm to experiement in the kitchen. But did you know that spicy food can cool you down more effectively than cold snacks?
These 10 5-ingredient recipes are simple (and spicy) enough to try out during the coming summer months, and will probably leave your tastebuds feeling the heat too!
© iStock / Getty Images Plus / AlexPro9500
5-Ingredient Spicy Pork
If you've got guests for dinner and you're wanting to impress, this is the winner (just remember to ask if they're into spice first!). Not only does it look great when served up, it comes together in an instant. Prepare early on in the day, so the meat has time to marinate, and serve with your fave veggies. We think carrots and brocolli are best, as they add bite and soak up any leftover sauce.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork tenderloin (sliced)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-inch piece of ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. Pour the mix over the pork and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil to a cast iron skillet, and heat over high-heat.
- When the oil is glistening and hot, add the pork. Leave the slices for 2 min. Flip an leave for another 2 min.
- Serve immediately with your chosen sides, and wait for the positive reviews!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Comment on this article