Kitchen HACK: How To Chill Beer in 5 Minutes
We've all been there before: the party's about to start, and you forgot to put the beer in the fridge. Here's how to take it from lukewarm to ICE COLD in just minutes!
There's really nothing more disappointing than a lukewarm beer. It's just not meant to be drunk that way!
But what do you do when the party's about to kick off and your beer hasn't had time to chill?
Here's a clever trick that will have your drinks ready to enjoy in just a few quick minutes! And all you need is water, ice, and salt.
Fill up a large bowl or bucket with ice. Then add water to the mixture. That alone will speed up the effect of the ice on your beers, but the last final trick to making this process go by in no time? The salt.
It only takes about 1 cup of salt per 3 pounds of ice. Dump that into your mixture, stir it thoroughly, then add your bottles. Within just a few minutes, they will be the perfect temperature to crack open and enjoy!
Want more genius, life-savings hacks? We've got 99 more for you right here!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!