Lentil Curryy 2
- half a bag of lentils or more
- 1 onion
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- 2 chopped potatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 small can tomato paste
- curry powder
- red pepper flakes and seasoning to taste
- 2 or 3 chopped chicken breasts or tofu
- any other vegetable you might want
- rice or quinoa
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Mince the garlic and chop the onions. Add salt and pepper, saute them in the bottom of your pot with butter or oil until the onions are done.
You can start making the rice or quinoa in a separate pot. This is what you'll serve the curry over.
Add water to the pot with onions and garlic (Enough to cook the lentils, per package instructions). Bring to boil, and add lentils, curry powder and seasonings.
Add coconut milk. Add more water, add chopped potatoes. Bring to boil, add tomato paste.
Let that cook for awhile, then add chicken and any other vegetables. Once the chicken is done and everything else is tender, turn the burner to low and let it thicken up.
Serve over quinoa or rice.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Black Bean Drink / Soup 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Peach Bellini 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Tofu and Chard Stuffed Pasta 3.1/5 (272 Votes)
- Capsicum (Green pepper) - Tamarind... 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Eclair Pie 3/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet Chicken Nuggets 3/5 (15 Votes)
- Curried Halibut en Papillote 3.5/5 (79 Votes)
- GENERAL TAO'S TOFU 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
Review this recipe