Lentil curry recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Chocolaty Pear Loaf
- 150g / 3/4 cup sugar
- 150g / 2/3 cup softened butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp fresh yeast
- 180g / 1 1/2 cups flour
- 190g / 1 1/2 cups chocolate, melted
- 4 pears
- Combine sugar, butter and eggs in bowl. Mix well.
- Add fresh yeast and flour and mix through.
- Pour in melted chocolate and fold into mixture.
- Peel 4 pears (or as many comfortably fit in your baking pan)
- Pour chocolate mixture into lined or greased baking loaf pan.
- Evenly space the pears in the pan, sitting upright.
- Bake at 350°F / 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle with more melted chocolate, and serve.
Psssst... check out all our chocolate covered recipes, here!
Top rated Lentil curry recipes
Lentil Curryy 2
- half a bag of lentils or more
- 1 onion
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- 2 chopped potatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 small can tomato paste
- curry powder
- red pepper flakes and seasoning to taste
- 2 or 3 chopped chicken breasts or tofu
- any other vegetable you might want
- rice or quinoa
Lauki Chana Dal ( Bottle gourd & Lentil curry)
1) Soak washed chana dal ( bengal split gram) for 1/2 hour minimum
- 1) Split Bengal gram ( Chana dal) 1 cup
- 2)Medium sized bottle gourd ( lauki )- Washed peeled and cubed to small pieces
- 3)Oil - 2 tbsp
- 4)Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- 5)1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 6)Turmeric powder
- 7)Red cilly powder - 1 tsp
- 8)Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- 9)Asfoetida - A pinch
- 10)2 Green chillies finely chpped( optional)