Our best curry chicken and rice recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Curry chicken and rice recipes
Easy Indian Curry Chicken
From Progresso Recipe Starters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (14 oz) uncooked chicken breast strips for stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 cups hot cooked basmati or regular white rice
Basic Chicken Curry
By Tisa Jacob, Blessings From My Kitchen
A well rounded, straightforward, tremendously good chicken curry and it's all yours
- 2-3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 crushed cloves
- 1 crushed cardamom
- 2 crushed peppercorns
- 2 medium sized red onions, sliced thin
- 1 tsbp finely chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 3 serrano peppers, sliced in half
- handful curry leaves
- 1-2 tbsp red chili powder(cayenne pepper)
- 3 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¼ cup unsweetened, frozen coconut slices, thawed at room temperature (optional)
- 1 lb skinned, bone-in whole chicken, cut into 2 " pieces
- ½ to 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2-3 sprigs cilantro
Spicy Chicken Curry with Cashews
My favorite Spicy Chicken Curry is from http://www
- ½ kg chicken, washed and cut into medium sized pieces
- 3 tbsp curds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to suit your spice level)
- ¼ tsp turmeric pwd
- salt to taste
- Make a paste:
- 6-7 cashewnuts
- 4-5 tbsps milk
- Dry roast and make a fine powder:
- 1” cinnamon
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 3 cloves
- Rest of the ingredients:
- 3-4 tbsps oil
- 2 big onions finely chopped
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp black pepper powder (adjust to suit your spice level)
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- coriander leaves for garnish
Chorizo Chicken Curry
By Aurelie811 , blog mestrucsetbidules
Heat the oil in a wok. Add the rice
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 chorizo
Chicken Curry Quick and Easy Madras Style
By morselsofparadise, Morsels of Paradise
Chicken curry with rice is a beloved classic that only needs a minor modification to qualify as a quick and easy re...
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons ginger grated or minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic finely chopped
- 1 jar Madras spice paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- 2 pounds chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 2 teaspoons cilantro chopped