Spicy Chicken Curry with Cashews
My favorite Spicy Chicken Curry is from http://www.sailusfood.com/2006/06/07/spicy-chicken-masala-curry/
- ½ kg chicken, washed and cut into medium sized pieces
- 3 tbsp curds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (adjust to suit your spice level)
- ¼ tsp turmeric pwd
- salt to taste
- Make a paste:
- 6-7 cashewnuts
- 4-5 tbsps milk
- Dry roast and make a fine powder:
- 1” cinnamon
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 3 cloves
- Rest of the ingredients:
- 3-4 tbsps oil
- 2 big onions finely chopped
- 1 large tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp black pepper powder (adjust to suit your spice level)
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- coriander leaves for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Marinate chicken pieces in chilli powder, turmeric powder, curds and salt for 20 mts.
While the chicken pieces are marinating, make a paste of cashewnuts and milk. Keep aside.
Dry roast cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves for 1 mt and make a powder of them. Keep aside.
Heat 1 1/2 tbsps of oil in a cooking vessel. Add the onions and saute till pink. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute further for another 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
Add coriander pwd, cumin pwd, pepper pwd and combine well and fry for another minute.
Add the tomatoes and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Combine well and cook till oil separates.Turn off heat. Cool and grind the cooked masala. Keep aside this masala paste.
Heat 1 1/2 tbsps oil in a cooking vessel and add the marinated chicken and cook on high flame for 4-5 minutes, reduce heat and cook covered for another 4-5 minutes.
Add the ground masala paste, cashewnut paste and ground powder of cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves and combine well. (Add a cup of water for more gravy consistency). Cook till chicken pieces are soft and you get the desired curry consistency. Adjust salt.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
You'll also love
- Chorizo Chicken Curry 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Egg Curry 3.2/5 (124 Votes)
- Simple Tasty Chicken Enchiladas 3.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Shrimp with Curry Mayonnaise 3.2/5 (255 Votes)
- Goan Chick'n Curry 3.1/5 (58 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Breasts 3/5 (24 Votes)
- Chicken- Butter 3/5 (25 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Salad 3/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.