Easy Indian Curry Chicken
From Progresso Recipe Starters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion
- chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (14 oz) uncooked chicken breast strips for stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 cups hot cooked basmati or regular white rice
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
1) In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until
crisp-tender. Add chicken; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in
center. Stir in curry powder until well blended; cook and stir 1 minute.
2) Add cooking sauce to chicken mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 5
minutes to blend flavors. Stir in whipping cream; cook until hot, stirring occasionally.
3) Serve chicken mixture over rice; sprinkle with cashews and cilantro.