Our easy indian recipes you'll love - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Chocolate Strawberry Braid
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Easy indian recipes
Easy Indian Curry Chicken
From Progresso Recipe Starters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 package (14 oz) uncooked chicken breast strips for stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic with chicken stock cooking sauce
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 4 cups hot cooked basmati or regular white rice
Molagai Podi/South Indian Chutney Powder
By Curryandvanilla, CurryandVanilla
A spicy mixed lentils powder, normally enjoyed with a bit of oil (preferably sesame or coconut oil) as a condiment ...
- 1 cup split urad dal/Split black gram
- 1 cup chana dal/split Bengal gram or split chickpea
- 1 cup dry red chillies (more or less according to how spicy you want your chutney powder)
- ½ teaspoon hing/asafetida
- Few Curry leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil (coconut or sesame oil)
- Salt to taste
Paleo Chicken Curry & Cauliflower Rice
Chop the chicken thighs into small pieces and marinate overnight, or anything up to 8 hours for optimum flavour
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 dessert spoon of garam masala
- 1 dessert spoon of turmeric
- 1 red chilli
- 1/2 bar of organic creamed coconut
- 1/2 pint of water
- 1/2 carton of organic chopped tomoatoes
- 1 Aubergine (diced)
- 1 Courgette (diced)
- 1 Spanish Onion (chopped)
- Coconut oil
- Thumb of ginger (chopped)
- Juice of a lemon and lime
- For The Rice:
- 1 large cauliflower
- 3 spring onions
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- Knob of grass-fed butter
By Tanyadesigan, Easy and Simple Foods
A spicy southindian gravy made with spices and eggs
- boiled eggs - 4
- onion - 1 large
- coconut - 1/4 cup ground paste
- mustard seeds - 1/4 tea spoon
- ural dal -1/4 tea spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/4 tea spoon
- bay leaf -1
- anistar - 1
- Oil -4 tea spoons
- To grind:
- ginger - 1 inch piece
- garlic - 3-4 gloves (The one I used are little big in size)
- Tomato -2 medium
- To roast and grind:
- channa dal - 1 table spoon
- coriander seeds - 1 table spoon
- Red Chilies - 3 (It was medium spicy, you can increase the numbers to your personal taste)
- Pepper - 4-5
- cumin seeds - 1 tea spoon
- Fennel seeds - 1/2 tea spoon
- cinnamon - 1 small piece
- clove- 3-4
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!