Paleo Chicken Curry & Cauliflower Rice
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 dessert spoon of garam masala
- 1 dessert spoon of turmeric
- 1 red chilli
- 1/2 bar of organic creamed coconut
- 1/2 pint of water
- 1/2 carton of organic chopped tomoatoes
- 1 Aubergine (diced)
- 1 Courgette (diced)
- 1 Spanish Onion (chopped)
- Coconut oil
- Thumb of ginger (chopped)
- Juice of a lemon and lime
- For The Rice:
- 1 large cauliflower
- 3 spring onions
- 1 handful of chopped coriander
- Knob of grass-fed butter
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Chop the chicken thighs into small pieces and marinate overnight, or anything up to 8 hours for optimum flavour. Don’t worry if you don’t have time to marinate…. It will still taste great if you add the spices and chicken at step 2.
In a pan, add a teaspoon of coconut oil and heat. Add the Spanish onion and fry, add ginger and garlic, and sweat off for around 5-7 minutes.
Add chicken and spices and continue to fry for 5 minutes.
Add the creamed coconut and tomatoes.
Add half of the chilis (and some extra chili flakes if you like it spicy!)
Add the courgettes and the aubergines.
Simmer and add water if more liquid is necessary.
Allow the dish to simmer for around 30 minutes.
Add the juice of lemon and lime.
While the dish is simmering, take the cauliflower, and in a mini blender chop the cauliflower. Then in a separate pan, melt the butter and fry the chopped spring onions. Add the cauliflower, mix, stir whiles cooking for around 5 minutes.
When ready to serve, throw half of the coriander into the cauliflower, and use the remainder to garnish your curry. Garnish with fresh lime and red chili.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.