Brazilian Fish in Pineapple & Tomato Sauce
Here's a typical recipe from Northeastern Brazil, sent by Abi Moura from the blog "Adoro Comer."
- 2 lbs white fish fillets
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 grated onion
- Black pepper
- 1 tomato cut into small cubes
- 1 lb pineapple cut into small cubes
- 1 carrot cut into small cubes
- Fresh herbs to garnish (cilantro/basil/parsley)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Season the fish with salt and pepper, and fry it in 1-2 tablespoons olive oil. If you want the fish tender, be careful not to overcook it. Set aside.
For the sauce: Saute the onion in 1 tbsp olive oil until softened and golden. Season with black pepper to taste. Add the tomato paste and the chopped tomato and bring to a boil.
Once the tomato is cooked, add the carrot and the pineapple.
Boil on low heat until the sauce has thickened and the veggies are cooked, about 15 minutes.
To serve, place the fish in large serving dish and top with the pineapple-tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
You'll also love
- Shredded Chicken Green Chile... 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Baked Mac & Cheese with Cornbread... 4.2/5 (65 Votes)
- Baileys Sauce 3.9/5 (82 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Pizza 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Sauce 2.9/5 (198 Votes)
- Mildly Spicy Meatloaf Recipe 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Fish Marinated in Lime 4.4/5 (57 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Brazilian Banana Pie (Torta de... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!