Fish in Pineapple and Tomato Sauce
A typical recipe from the North-East of Brazil, sent by Abi Moura from the blog "Adoro Comer" - http://adorocomer.com/
A typical recipe from the North-East of Brazil, sent by Abi Moura from the blog "Adoro Comer."
- 2 pounds of white fish fillet
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 grated onion
- 1 tomato cut into small cubes
- 1 pound of pineapple cut into small cubes
- 1 carrot cut into small cubes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Season the fish with salt and pepper and fry it in the olive oil. If you want the fish tender, careful not to overcook it.
For the sauce: brown the onion in the olive oil, along with some black pepper. Add the tomato paste and the chopped tomato and bring to a boil.
Once the tomato is cooked, add the carrot and the pineapple.
Boil on low heat until the sauce looks consistent, about 15 minutes.
To serve, place the fish in large serving dish and cover with the tomato sauce.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Steak- Peri Peri 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Portobello Fajitas 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Sauce 2.9/5 (181 Votes)
- Baileys Sauce 3.9/5 (55 Votes)
- Tomato Basil Parmesan Tiramisu 3.9/5 (80 Votes)
- Pizza with Basil 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Citrus Crush 4.2/5 (34 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Brazilian Banana Pie (Torta de... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.