Fish Marinated in Lime
By raverdy perrine
- - 2 medium sized redfish (1 1/2 lbs each approximately)
- The marinade:
- - Juice of 2 limes
- - scant 1/2 cup dry white wine
- - 1 sprig of thyme
- - 1/2 tsp. ginger
- - 1 pinch of chili powder
- - 2 tbsp of olive oil
- The sauce:
- - 2 tomatoes,
- - 1 clove of garlic
- - 1 piece fresh ginger (about 1.5 cm)
- - Salt and pepper
- - 3 tbsp of olive oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
- Ask the fishmonger to scale the fish, gutting, and cutting into fillets 3 to 4 cm in length.
- In a dish, prepare the marinade by mixing the lemon juice, white wine, olive oil, thyme, ginger and chilli. Add fish pieces to soak. Marinate 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: peel and core the tomatoes, cut the pulp into very small dice. Put this pulp into a colander to drain. Peel ginger and grate finely. Peel the garlic and squeeze. In a bowl, put the tomato pulp with ginger, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix and chill until the sauce is fragrant.
- Preheat the oven to 450 ° F.
- Grease a baking dish, arrange the fish, drained and cook 10 minutes in a hot oven. You can sprinkle in a little marinade. Keep in oven an additional 5 minutes with the oven turned off. Enjoy with rice, boiled potatoes or sweet potatoes. Serve the sauce separately.
You'll also love
- Golden Fried Oysters 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Citrus Chile Compound Butter 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna (Tahiti) 4.8/5 (56 Votes)
- Meat Curry 4.7/5 (95 Votes)
- Salmon Chowder 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Veggie Packed Chili Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- My Family's First Cook Book 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn RECIPE: Grilled salmon with orange... 4/5 (115 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ginger is a delicious spice, but it can be hard to peel it without wasting. In this video we show you a quick trick to peel ginger like a pro, minus the waste!
Review this recipe