Cooking gourd - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Gourd recipes
Snake gourd Raitha
By Tanyadesigan, Easy and Simple Foods
An alternate healthy raitha for regualr onion or cucumber raitha
- Raw snake gourd- 3/4 of a cup (finely chopped)
- Beaten Curd - 1/2 cup
- salt - a pinch
- pepper powder - 1 pinch
- To temper: (Optional)
- Oil - 1 tea spoon
- mustard seeds, urad dal -1/2 tea spoon each
- peanuts- 1 tea spoon
- curry leaves- a few
Cooking for Your Baby - An interview with new mom, Alba Davalos
New mom, Alba Davalos, shares her journey on becoming a babyfood making expert, her favorite recipes, and tips to feeding picky eaters.
Lauki Chana Dal ( Bottle gourd & Lentil curry)
1) Soak washed chana dal ( bengal split gram) for 1/2 hour minimum
- 1) Split Bengal gram ( Chana dal) 1 cup
- 2)Medium sized bottle gourd ( lauki )- Washed peeled and cubed to small pieces
- 3)Oil - 2 tbsp
- 4)Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- 5)1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 6)Turmeric powder
- 7)Red cilly powder - 1 tsp
- 8)Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- 9)Asfoetida - A pinch
- 10)2 Green chillies finely chpped( optional)
20 totally awesome zucchini hacks
It's time to get creative with zucchini
It uses butterflies and ladysfinger with spices
- Bitter gourd- 2 (of average size)
- Lady's finger- 5 counts
- Brown or black sesame seeds- 4 tablespoons
- Fenugreek seeds- half teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- less than half a teaspoon
- Cumin powder- half a teaspoon
- Coriander powder- half a teaspoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Green or red chillies- 2 pieces
- Vinegar or lemon juice- 2 tablespoons
- Canola oil- 4 tablespoons