It uses butterflies and ladysfinger with spices. Mostly popular in South Asian countries. It is used as side dish with rice.
- Bitter gourd- 2 (of average size)
- Lady's finger- 5 counts
- Brown or black sesame seeds- 4 tablespoons
- Fenugreek seeds- half teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- less than half a teaspoon
- Cumin powder- half a teaspoon
- Coriander powder- half a teaspoon
- Salt- as per taste
- Green or red chillies- 2 pieces
- Vinegar or lemon juice- 2 tablespoons
- Canola oil- 4 tablespoons
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Roast sesame seeds and grind to make powder.
Cut bitter gourd and lady's finger in approximately 2 inches of size.
Heat canola oil on a pan.
Then add Chopped bittergourd and lady's finger to it and fry.
Add chillies to it and fry whole stuffs till soft.
Add turmeric powder, salt and coriander and cumin powder to it and stir properly.
Add vinegar or lemon juice and stir well.
Pour a cup of water, mix well and Cover for 5 minutes till little bit of water is left.
Remove lid and add Sesame seed powder and stir well.
Then cover for few minutes at low flame.
Remove lid and stir well.
Switch off the oven and leave dish for few minutes to cool.
Now the dish is ready to serve.
Take care not to burn food while frying or cooking.
You'll also love
- Lauki Chana Dal ( Bottle gourd &... 2.6/5 (239 Votes)
- Snake gourd Raitha 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Better Than Sex Chocolate Cake 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Bean Tacos 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Ghaoulay (desi pancakes) 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken- Smoked 2.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Favorite Chille 2.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Hot and Spicy Chicken with Rice 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!