Our best mashed squash recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Mashed squash recipes
Butternut Squash and Apple Bisque
By nrlowell, The Chef's Last Diet - exploring a healthy love of food
A rich creamy fall soup, with a warming savory blend of spices to enhance the natural sweetness of the apples and t...
- 1 Small Butternut Squash (about 1.5-2 lbs)
- peeled and cubed
- 2 Large Fuji Apples
- 1 Sweet onion diced
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt**
- 1 Qt Chicken Stock
- 2 TBL Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
Cooking for Your Baby - An interview with new mom, Alba Davalos
New mom, Alba Davalos, shares her journey on becoming a babyfood making expert, her favorite recipes, and tips to feeding picky eaters.
Creamed Winter Squash and Potato Soup with Cabbage
This is a very hearty soup that was developed from a simple potato soup recipe my mom used to make
- 2 tablespoons olive or walnut oil
- 1 large coarse chopped red onion
- 1 large coarse chopped white onion
- 6 cloves fine chopped garlic
- 6 stalks coarse chopped celery
- 1 coarse chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 coarse chopped green bell pepper
- 1 coarse chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fine chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup coarse chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 pounds cubed Idaho or Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 pounds cubed winter squash
- 1 pound cubed turnips
- 2 quarts homemade or canned vegetable stock
- 1 quart heavy cream or half and half
- 1 1/2 cups frozen kernels
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 4 pounds fine shredded cabbage
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
20 totally awesome zucchini hacks
It's time to get creative with zucchini
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C)
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups hot milk
- 2 pounds butternut squash
- 3 eggs