Our best mashed cauliflower recipes - 7 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Top rated Mashed cauliflower recipes
Carol's Mashed Cauliflower
Cook cauliflower till tender
- Cauliflower -1 bag frozen or 1 head of raw, fresh
- Chicken broth/stock (optional)
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 3 oz. room temperature cream cheese
- heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. butter
How to make a delicious, gluten-free pizza in 10 easy steps!
By Pascale Weeks
A STEP-by-STEP recipe for pizza that's without any flour! Can you guess the SECRET ingredient?
Cauliflower masquerades as mashed potatoes, seasoned with garlic and parmesan cheese
- Cauliflower and anything you would normally like on a baked potato or mashed potato: bacon bits, broccoli, parmesan or cheddar cheese, garlic, chive...
How to make Parmesan cauliflower croquettes
By Pascale Weeks
Delicious and healthy, you and your kids will love these Parmesan cauliflower tater tots!
- Olive Oil, Garlic, Chives, Romano Cheese Mashed Cauliflower.
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Cut cauliflower into small chunks
- 1 medium head of Cauliflower
- 2 1/2tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup warmed cream
A Guide To Choosing The Best Fruits And Veggies At Your Farmer's Market
Here's how to choose the best fruits and veggies at the market, to make your meals more delicious but also ensure your produce lasts longer!
Spicy Vegetarian Fast Food
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 3 small potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 cup boiled vegetables (cauliflower, carrots, green peas)
- 1/2 capsicum finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon grated cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons of pav bhaji masala
CHEESEY SMASHED POTATOES
Place cauliflower in large pan with enough water to cover
- 4 C. Mashed potatoes
- Cauliflower florets
- 1 C. Cheese_ grated
Take Kadipatta, Ginger, Garlic and Saunf in a blender add a little water, just enough to blend smoothly
- 1 Cup Very Finely Chopped Cauliflower or grated
- 4 Medium Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 1 Green capsicum finely chopped
- 2 Onions Finely Chopped
- 1 Carrots finely chopped
- 4 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp Jeera
- 1/2 Tsp Hing
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Tsp Kadipatta
- 2 Tsp Saunf (not powdered)
- Salt to Taste
- 3-4 Tbsp Everest Pav Bhaji masala
- 4 Tbsp Amul Butter
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Amul butter + pinch of chili powder for pav
- 2 Cups hot water (1 cup = 200ml)