How to make mashed potatoes with sour cream - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Mashed potatoes with sour cream recipes
My Mashed Potatoes
Peel potatoes, and cut into cubes
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Dashes of salt and pepper
Garlic Mashed PotatoesRecipewe ♡
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES. Discover our recipe
- 5-6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
peel and cut potatoes
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- real Bacon bits
Instant Savory Mashed Potatoes
In glass casserole, combine milk, water, butter and salt
- 1 c milk
- 1/4 c water
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 1/2 c potato flakes, instant
- 1/2 c light sour cream
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c cheddar, shredded
Restaurant-Style Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Place potatoes in a large pot
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 8 small), quartered, skin left on
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces