Delicious and easy mashed potatoes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Easy mashed potatoes recipes
Garlic Mashed PotatoesRecipewe ♡
GARLIC MASHED POTATOES. Discover our recipe
- 5-6 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
15 guilt-free homemade TV dinners
By déborah deprez
Vegging out in front of the TV doesn't mean pigging out. Here are 15 easy and healthy TV dinners that remove the guilt!
Applebee's Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Toss the garlic cloves with a little oil and spread them out in a single layer on a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap...
- 1/4 Cup Garlic (Whole Cloves)
- 2 Pounds red potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter salt and black pepper to taste.
15 ways to eat your veggies for dessert
Turns out you can get your veggie fix and satisfy your sweet tooth all at once... Here are 15 veggie-based desserts to try now!
Country Style Mashed Potatoes
Rinse, peel and then boil 5 potatoes for 30 minutes
- Potatoes, Milk, Butter
Mashed Potato Cakes
Divide the mashed potatoes into 8 equal portions
- 2 cups chilled mashed potatoes (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Guilt-free gluttony: 50 foods to devour that aren't fattening
By DE: Anna
Love to eat but don't want to gain weight like crazy? Here's a list of 50 foods you can gorge on guilt-free.
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 7 baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper