Recipes with leftover mashed potatoes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Top rated Leftover mashed potatoes recipes
Mix mashed potatoes with egg yolk and season to taste
- 3cups to 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1egg separated
- Salt,pepper,parsley leaves
- 4 to 8 cubes cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 cups bread crumbs
Hungarian Fried Cabbage and Dumplings (Haluska)
This is a good hearty favorite of mine I ate while growing up
- 1-grated head of cabbage
- ( small chopped onion if desired)
- 1/4 c. butter
- 6 slightly beaten eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1-cooked potato or mashed potatoes
In a large skillet reheat leftover mashed potatoes 4-5 min
- 2 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes.
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 green onion sliced