Cauliflower soup recipes - 4 recipes
Cauliflower soup was the first course I served for my very first dinner party. Nervous and new to the world of cooking, I was looking for a simple and elegant way to start the meal. I decided to omit the bacon and cream in the recipe I was using, making my soup consisting only of cauliflower, carrots, celery, onion and chicken stock. I topped my cauliflower soup before serving with freshly grated parmesan and a drizzle of truffle oil adding a bit of decadence and transforming it into a showstopper. I typical make my cauliflower soup this way for parties. If I am having a casual dinner at home or I'm craving something warm on a winter’s night, I may sprinkling a little crumpled bacon on top or add sour cream and green onions dishing my cauliflower up like potato soup. The mild flavor of cauliflower makes the possibilities endless for this soup.
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Cauliflower soup recipes
Cream of Cauliflower with foie gras
In 6 cups of water, cook 1/2 cube vegetable bouillon, cauliflower cut into small florets, potatoes and carrots peel...
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 large potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 3 oz of foie gras
- scant cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cube of vegetable bouillon or vegetable broth
In large saucepan,combine water,cauliflower,celery,onion, and potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cubed potatoes
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups milk
Cauliflower and Potato Soup
By Lingonberrylane, Lydia Ln
I am obsessed with soup. This is my attempt to make a healthier loaded baked potato soup
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 white onion
- 2 celery stalks
- carrots (I used a handful of baby carrots)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- Toppings (optional):
- sour cream
- grated cheese
- chopped bacon
- green onions
Cream of Cauliflower/Brocolli Soup
- 2 Cups finely chopped broccoli or cauliflower
- 1.5 Cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.8 tsp pepper
- 1.3 tsp sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 2 TBSP flour
- 2 TBSP Butter