Our best bisque recipes - 2 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: chowder
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!
Top rated Bisque recipes
Butternut Squash and Apple Bisque
By nrlowell, The Chef's Last Diet - exploring a healthy love of food
A rich creamy fall soup, with a warming savory blend of spices to enhance the natural sweetness of the apples and t...
- 1 Small Butternut Squash (about 1.5-2 lbs), peeled and cubed
- 2 Large Fuji Apples
- 1 Sweet onion diced
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt**
- 1 Qt Chicken Stock
- 2 TBL Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
24 Soups And Salads For Trim Spring Meals
As the chilly winter gives way to longer, lighter spring days, your go-to recipe collection undergoes a transformation too.
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
Blend soups and stir in cream and milk
- 1 can condensed cream of asparagus soup
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 and 1/2 soup cans of milk
- 1 cup crab meat
- 1/4 cup sherry
- Old Bay seasoning