Delicious baked squash recipes - 3 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: squash
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Baked squash recipes
Wash and cut squash lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices
10 amazing ways to make zucchinis better than they already are
Super fun and creative, these TOP 10 ideas will change the way you cook your squashy Zucchinis.
Great Grandma Reese's Baked Acorn Squash
By belulu, No
Half the squash lengthwise, scoop out seeds and trim bottoms to stand level
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. soft butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash pepper
30 ways to keep your summer state of mind when fall begins
By Déborah Deprez
Summer might be over, but that doesn't mean losing your clear mind or healthy habits. Here are 30 tips to keep your summer vibes alive!
Southern Baked Yellow Squash
Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- 3 pounds yellow summer squash
- cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs