Delicious baked squash recipes - 3 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: squash
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Baked squash recipes
Wash and cut squash lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices
10 amazing ways to make zucchinis better than they already are
Super fun and creative, these TOP 10 ideas will change the way you cook your squashy Zucchinis.
Great Grandma Reese's Baked Acorn Squash
By belulu, No
Half the squash lengthwise, scoop out seeds and trim bottoms to stand level
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1/4 c. soft butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash pepper
30 ways to keep your summer state of mind when fall begins
By Déborah Deprez
Summer might be over, but that doesn't mean losing your clear mind or healthy habits. Here are 30 tips to keep your summer vibes alive!
Southern Baked Yellow Squash
Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C)
- 3 pounds yellow summer squash
- cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs