russian "skinny" easter ham buzhenina
Here is a healthy russian recipe for easter ham.. enjoy!
- 1 (8 -10 lb) fresh ham extra lean
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- to taste ( you can use low sodium salt)
- 1 cup beer (miller 64 )
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- to taste
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Using a sharp knife, score the skin of the ham in a diamond pattern.
Mix together the mustard, brown sugar, and salt and spread all over the ham.
Place the ham on a rack in a roasting pan, add the remaining ingredients, and roast, basting with the juices, until a meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F or the juices run clear when you insert a skewer into the thickest part of the roast, about 3 hours.
Let the roast stand, covered with foil. for 15 minutes.
Carve into thin slices and serve with gravy, if desired. enjoy!
You'll also love
- Ham wrapped Cheese Skewers with... 3.9/5 (94 Votes)
- Pastry Covered Salmon and Scallops... 3.7/5 (112 Votes)
- Warm Goat Cheese with Honey and... 3.8/5 (85 Votes)
- Goulash(Casserole) 4.1/5 (41 Votes)
- Hungarian Goulash 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- LunchBox 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Aмериканский Cалат... 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Delish Borscht 4.1/5 (7 Votes)