Creamy of Butternut Soup
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 onions
- 1 dash of cream to each plate
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (halved)
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg and turmeric
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
1) Wash and peel the squash (remember that the skin is pretty tough, better use a good paring knife than a potato peeler). Cut into chunks. Reserve.
2) Slice the onions and fry in a large pan with olive oil. Then add ½ teaspoon of each spice. Once the onions have browned, add the pieces of Butternut squash. Mix everything and cover with water (just above the level of the squash). Season water with salt.
3) Simmer over medium heat for at least 20 minutes (until the pieces are tender)
4) Remove from heat, add pepper and mix. You can add a dash of cream on each plate once the soup served.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1119 Votes)
- Mini Apple Pies 4.1/5 (251 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Apple Tart 4.2/5 (114 Votes)
- Baked Squash 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Mozzarella Bacon Brocoli Salad 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Squash And Kale Salad 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Onion tart 4.6/5 (36 Votes)