Classic Basil Pesto
Rate this recipe 5/5 (1 Votes)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 3 ounces pine nuts (a handful)
- 2 cloves garlic, popped from skin
- 1 bunch basil, about 40 to 50 leaves
Toast pine nuts until golden brown.
Heat oil and garlic in a small pan over low heat.
Pulse all ingredients in a processor or blender until paste forms.
Serve over hot pasta, but never heat the pesto itself. Pesto should be served at room temp.
To make parsley pesto: use 3 ounces toasted walnut pieces and 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
You'll also love
- Pizza Dough 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- pizza 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach Dip 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.2/5 (315 Votes)
- Homemade Sweet & Sour Sauce 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chick Pea Garlic Hummus 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Classic Cherry Blackberry Pie 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Pesto Pasta 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe