Classic Basil Pesto
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 3 ounces pine nuts (a handful)
- 2 cloves garlic
- popped from skin
- 1 bunch basil
- about 40 to 50 leaves
Toast pine nuts until golden brown.
Heat oil and garlic in a small pan over low heat.
Pulse all ingredients in a processor or blender until paste forms.
Serve over hot pasta, but never heat the pesto itself. Pesto should be served at room temp.
To make parsley pesto: use 3 ounces toasted walnut pieces and 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
You'll also love
- Taco Dip 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Cheesy Rotel Dip w/ Chips 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Classic 8oz Pound Cake 4/5 (40 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Spaghetti Sauce 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Tuna and Bean Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Easy Tasty Spareribs and/or... 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!