Garlic and oil - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Spanish Empanadas
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Garlic and oil recipes
Classic Basil Pesto
Toast pine nuts until golden brown
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 pound grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 3 ounces pine nuts (a handful)
- 2 cloves garlic, popped from skin
- 1 bunch basil, about 40 to 50 leaves
Heat oven to 450. Grease a huge dish
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, separated
- 1/3 cup Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Savory Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 2 Pounds Brussel Sprouts
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil