Great easy kale recipes - 7 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.
Top rated Easy kale recipes
Roasted Butternut Squash with Kale and Shiitakes
By nrlowell, The Chef's Last Diet - exploring a healthy love of food
A simple to prepare side that tastes as elegant as it looks
- This is not a recipe where exact amounts are critical
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- 1 Lb Orange Winter Squash such as Butternut or Acorn peeled* and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Bunch Kale stems removed and torn into pieces
- 1/2 Lb Shiitake Mushrooms stems removed and cut into 1/4" strips
- 3 TBL Olive Oil
- 1 TBL Kosher Salt
- 1-2 Tsp Cumin (depending on your personal taste)
- 2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- *It is not necessary to peel acorn squash, you can eat the peel
Kale & Mushroom Saute
In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and add the garlic on low-medium heat setting
- 2 cups shiitake or crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4-6 stalks kale, stemmed & chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. unsalted butter [1 tbsp. EVOO as alternative]
- salt & pepper to taste
Squash And Kale Salad
Saute squash in light oil in a skillet for about 5-7 minutes per side
- Squash, Kale
Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leeks (about 2 small stalks - white and pale green parts only)
- 1 8-ounce container sliced crimini (baby bella) mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves - pressed
- 2 1/4 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 4 cups (or more) vegetable broth
- 1 bunch kale (about 8 ounces) - trimmed - center stalks removed - leaves coarsely chopped (about 8 cups packed)
Wash kale and dry
- Kale, olive oil
Kale and Quinoa Salad
Cook quinoa: pour water and quinoa into a pot, cook for 12 minutes or until all the water being absorbed, let it st
- quinoa 1 cup
- water 2 cups
- sun dried tomato
- oliver oil
- brown sugar
- basil and rosemary
- sea salt
Healthy Green Smoothie
By european cuties kitchen, European Cutie's Kitchen
My Healthy green smoothie is packed full of Kale
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1 leaf of kale (discard the stalk)
- 1 organic banana
- 3 pieces of mango
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup of water
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!