Recipes with maraschino cherries - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Maraschino cherries recipes
Christmas Treat: Cherry Snowballs
Maraschino cherries dipped in chocolate and rolled in coconut!
- - 24 Maraschino Cherries
- - 1 box semi-sweet baking chocolate
- - 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- - 1 bag unsweetened coconut
- * Note that you can substitute cherries for ju-jubes (we use red and green at Christmas). They end up tasting like the chocolate covered jellies in Bridge Mixture ~ Very yummy!
Quick Whipped Topping Salad
Make sure the fruits are drained good
- One container of whipped topping
- 1/2 cup seedless green grapes
- one can thoroughly drained fruit cocktail
- 6 halved drained maraschino cherries
- 1 can drained pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
Time consuming but easy
- 2 cans EAGLE BRAND MILK
- 2 cups MINI MARSHMALLOWS
- 1 cup PECANS
- 8 oz. jar MARASCHINO CHERRIES
- 1 GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- Cool -Whip
- 1 c uncooked rice
- 1 can drained fruit cocktail
- 1 banana
- 1 small tub cool whip
- 1 small jar on maraschino cherries chopped
- 1 small bag coconut
- 1 can of pineapple tidbits drained
- 1 big box of Jello any flavor
Pineapple Upside Down Bread Pudding
By amylk103, Amy's Awesome Nest
Add eggs, half and half, brown sugar, butter and vanilla to slow cooker
- 2 eggs
- slightly beaten
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 slices white bread
- cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple tidbits
- in own juice
- 4 pineapple slices
- maraschino cherries
- 1 Tbsp packed brown sugar