Authentic Taiwanese Fried Rice
Always a favorite comfort food in our home with our Asian ancestry. One of the staples in an Asian household that is sure to be enjoyed in yours!
- 4-5 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen pea and carrot mix, thawed
- 6 tablespoons oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- Dash sesame oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Heat wok or deep frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Pour in egg and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and cook until just beginning to set. Set aside in dish.
Return wok to heat and add remaining oil. Toss in rice, peas, carrots and ham. Stir continuously for 3 minutes. Add eggs, remaining soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt. (White pepper optional) mix thoroughly until heated through.
Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle green onions on top. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Canned Hot Peppers 3.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Vichy carrots 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Ham Bone Soup 3.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Rice Pudding 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Stir fried swordfish and peppers... 3.7/5 (40 Votes)
- Mussels in Sauce 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Authentic Hungarian Moon Cookies... 3.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Caramelized Chicken 3.2/5 (11 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Dive into summer with this fresh, light and healthy mango salad!
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Red onion, minced
- Lightly sautée the peanuts until golden.
- Take the carrots and cut into thin slices.
- Peel the mango and slice into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a bowl, and add olive oil, soy sauce, minced onion, salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss together the mango, carrot, rocket, and lime-soy dressing.