Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken
- 4-6 Chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon-line soda
- 2-3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- rice or noodles
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken inside the slow cooker.
Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic , soy sauce and pepper. Pour over chicken
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker and pour remaining sauce into saucepan.
Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze.
Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two.
Serve chicken over rice or noodles and top with glaze. Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.
You'll also love
- Octopus Rougail (Octopus in... 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Tomato and Mozzarella 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Pomme Mousseline 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- FREEZE- curried pork loin 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Nana's Chicken & Rice Bake 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Dip 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Rejort 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.