crab and lemon maki
By Ingrid Allard , blog Chez Inoule
- 8 oz sushi rice
- 1/4 cup of vinegar for sushi
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup of sunflower oil
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 can flaked crab
- 1 carrot
- 2 thin green asparagus
- 4 large leaves of lemon balm
- 2 sheets of nori
- 2 sheets of colored soy (eg roses)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Rinse rice in cold water. Boil water (2 times the volume of rice) in a saucepan and add the rice. Cover and cook about 12 minutes over low heat. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
Spread rice in a dish and spread the sushi vinegar over the entire surface. Mix and cool.
Peel the asparagus and cook in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes into the second boiling.
Make mayonnaise by beating the egg yolk with the mustard and oil. Season with salt. Drain the flaked crab. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise and mix well.
Peel the carrots and cut into sticks.
Cut the lemon balm leaves in half lengthwise and remove the center rib with scissors.
Preparation of maki Prepare a bowl of cold water next to you. Spread a sheet of nori on a sushi mat. Superposing a sheet of soybean.
Preparation of maki Prepare a bowl of cold water next to you. Spread a sheet of nori on a sushi mat. Overlaying a soybean leaf.
On the bottom put a strip of crab with mayonnaise. Place one or two sticks of carrot on top and a green asparagus. Place cut leaves of lemon balm. Fold the bottom of the mat with your thumb holding the trim with the rest of the fingers and roll.
Tighten the maki with the bamboo mat. Repeat the procedure with remaining ingredients. Cut the maki into 'slices' of 2 or 3 cm and eat with sweet soy sauce.
You'll also love
- Salmon Cucumber Maki (Kappa) 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Tuna and salmon makis 4.1/5 (68 Votes)
- Classic Mini Stuffed Mushrooms 2.9/5 (123 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Scallops in phyllo dough 3/5 (307 Votes)
- Crab in phyllo dough 3.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Salmon, Spinach, and Cream Cheese... 3.6/5 (65 Votes)
- Easy 5 Ingredient Salad Dressing 2.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Scallops with mango 2.4/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!