Scallops with mango
By Aurore le petit poussin , blog Aurore le Petit Poussin
- sushi rice (5 oz rice)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Some scallops without shells
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- fresh ginger
- Olive oil
- Pink soy paper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Put the rice in a saucepan and add enough water to cover your rice evenly.
Bring to a boil and cook 10 minutes over low heat with the lid. Stop cooking and drain rice. Put the rice in the pan, keeping it in the colander, cover with lid and let rest 25-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare thin slices of mango.
Prepare the scallops. Cut into thin slices as if you were going to do a carpaccio.
Put the slices in a bowl and cover with olive oil, lime juice, lime zest and grated ginger. Stir well and set aside to cool.
Put rice in a bowl, add the rice vinegar and stir well.
Prepare your rice cakes with wet hands so they will stick together.
Top rice with slice of mango, then scallops. Then secure with pink soy paper.
Allow to cool in the refrigerator and eat sushi by dipping in a little soy sauce / or soy sauce with a hint of wasabi if you want a little more spice!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!