Bourbot Fillets with Smoked Bacon and Polenta with Olives
- 1 bourbot fillet 16 oz
- 20 slices of smoked bacon
- 4 shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
- scant 1/2 cup of white wine
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup of polenta
- 2 cups of milk
- generous 3/4 cup of parmesan
- 3-4 oz of crushed olives
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 F
Roll the seasoned burbot fillet with slices of smoked bacon, tie with kitchen twine and cook with olive oil. Add the unpeeled shallots cut in half, the smashed garlic, the rosemary and the tomatoes cut in quarters. After cook the fish in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the burbot fillets and deglaze the pan with the white wine and a glass of water. Filter the juice and season it.
Boil the milk with the oil, add the polenta and cook it for 5
minutes. Keep the polenta creamy and add the parmesan and the crushed olives.
Remove the twine and put bacon covered fish inside soup plates with the polenta and juice.
You'll also love
- Basque Chicken, polenta with Black... 3.7/5 (295 Votes)
- Green Apple Ginger Polenta 3/5 (15 Votes)
- Stuffed Sticky Rice 1.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Squash-coconut soup 1.8/5 (64 Votes)
- Scallops and mushrooms in vanilla... 2.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Ramen 1.8/5 (30 Votes)
- Fresh Tilapia 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Bacon wrapped dates 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.