Mom Otteson's Swedish Meat Balls
Rate this recipe 2.9/5 (29 Votes)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- ¼ cup grated onion
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cans mushroom soup
- 2 cans water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix meatball ingredients thoroughly and form into walnut-sized balls. Pan-fry, turning occasionally to brown evenly. When well browned, remove balls to 9 X 13” pan.
Blend flour into fat remaining in fry pan. Add soup and water. Heat and stir until smooth, then pour over meatballs. Cover and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Serve over rice or noodles.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Swedish Meatballs 3.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Easy Italian Grilled Chicken 2.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Butter Chicken 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff 2.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Turkey Swedish Meatballs 2.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Spaghetti Casserole 2.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Mexican casserole 2.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Sloppy Joes 2.9/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Tasty Beef Tomato Pockets
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Review this recipe