Beef with Onions and Star Anise
By Dorian_Nieto du blog Mais pourquoi est-ce que je vous raconte ça...
- 1 lb beef steak
- 1 red onion
- 4 star anise
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese wine (optional)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
- Start by cutting the beef into very thin slices. To help you make this cut more easily leave your meat in the freezer for 1 hour before cutting.
- Put the slices in a bowl then add the cornflour, half the soy sauce, Chinese wine and ginger. Pepper and mix well. Let stand about thirty minutes. Peel and slice the red onion.
- Prepare the broth by mixing the broth with the remaining soy sauce. Heat oil in a wok or skillet to high heat. When the oil is hot, add red onion and fry very quickly, then add the meat, and cook until desired. Then add the broth and the star anise and pepper and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and leave on heat for 5 minutes.
- Taste and then reduce the juice made if necessary until it just covers the meat. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Sam's Egg Rolls 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Korean Style Garlic Chicken Wings 3.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Ginger Crinkles 2.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Melted Vegetables 3.1/5 (11 Votes)
- CANNED CORNBEEF AND ONIONS 3.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Vietnamise Pho Beef Noodle Soup 2.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Noodle Salad Dressing 3.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Duck Breasts with Cherry, Ginger,... 3.2/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.