Sweet and Sour Spareribs
- 1 lb button bone spareribs
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 heaping tbsp cornstarch mixed in cold water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Cut ribs in small separate pieces, add 2 tbsp soy sauce, salt to taste and flour. Fry in hot grease in fryer until crisp and brown. Remove from fryer.
Prepare sauce by mixing water vinegar, juice of lemon, sugar, starch and 1 tbsp soy sauce in frying pan.
Cook over heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens. Mix in spareribs and serve. For added flavour, add a little sweet pickle juice and sweet pickles.
You'll also love
- Sweet & Sour Meatballs 2.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Pancakes stuffed with sausage and... 2.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Linguini with Bacon and Broccoli 2.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Mongolian Beef 2.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Beef with Onions and Star Anise 2.9/5 (50 Votes)
- Breakfast Pork Sausage Burritos 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Luncheon Casserole 3/5 (2 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Sauce for Ribs 3/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.