Mom's Spinach Salad
My mom always makes this salad for me whenever I go home. This is theoonly salad my husband will eat as a main course. He is always begging for me to make it.
- 1 bag spinach, chopped
- 1 bag lettuce, chopped
- 1 bag frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- Vegan simulated bacon bits
- 1 lg block old cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 sm jar Nayonnaise or mayo
- 1 md tub sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Combine dressing ingredients.
In a large pan, layer spinach, next lettuce, then peas, dressing, bacon bits, onion, lastly cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!