Mom's Spinach Salad
My mom always makes this salad for me whenever I go home. This is theoonly salad my husband will eat as a main course. He is always begging for me to make it.
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 bag lettuce
- 1 bag frozen sweet peas
- 1/2 red onion
- Vegan simulated bacon bits
- 1 lg block old cheddar cheese
- 1 sm jar Nayonnaise or mayo
- 1 md tub sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Combine dressing ingredients.
In a large pan, layer spinach, next lettuce, then peas, dressing, bacon bits, onion, lastly cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are used.
You'll also love
- Easy Cucumber Salad 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Brown Butter Tortellini with... 3.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Rice 2.3/5 (37 Votes)
- FAUX SMOKED SALMON PATE 2.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Jeffs old fashion potato salad 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Tomato Biscuits 3.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Mom's Tuna Noodle Salad 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Breakfast casserole 3.1/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!