Sugar free breakfast recipes - 8 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Sugar free breakfast recipes
Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding with berries
By Stephanie Holmes
This superfood chia breakfast pudding is the perfect way to get your day started on a healthy note
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 3/4 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
10 cake pops for all occasions
For weddings, birthdays, Halloween and baby showers, cake pops are about to become your go-to entertaining dessert! Brilliant ideas here....
Breakfast Omelet Muffins
Preheat oven to 375 F
- 1 pound Italian Sausage (you could also use bacon)
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped and sauteed
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion chopped and sauteed
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (or half and half depending on how you’re feeling that day)
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese as needed
10 salty foods that have hidden sugars
By Déborah Deprez
These foods might taste salty, but they're secretly hiding loads of sugar!
PREHEAT oven to 400°F (200°C) and bake pie shell according to package directions for a baked pie shell
- 1 Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shell
- 6 slices Bacon
- coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Maple syrup
- 5 Fully Cooked Sausage Rounds
- .5 cup (125 mL) Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 Large eggs
- .5 cup (125 mL) 2% milk
- Salt and pepper
Mexican Breakfast Burrito
By maryjo young
Tortillia wrap borrito with scrambled eggs, cooked polish sausage, sauteed onions and peppers topped with shredded ...
- Tortillia wraps
- polish kelbasa sausage
- onions and peppers
- shredded cheddar cheese and preceded sales.
7 reasons why you should eat honey every single day
By Déborah Deprez
Sure it's sticky, sweet and good, but the benefits of honey go beyond the surface!
Fill the bottom of your cup with vanilla yogurt then a layer of blueberries then a layer of strawberries then a
- vanilla yogurt
Roll them out. Separate them down the middle and lengthwise; you'll end up with four perforated rectangles
- 1 can regular crescent rolls.
- softened cream cheese
Spread the slices of toast with yogurt
- - 4 slices of toast wheat flour Pelletier
- - Greek yoghurt
- - 4 peaches
- - raspberries
- - 1 handful of crushed pistachios
- - 4 tablespoons of honey
Freezer Friendly Skinny Breakfast Burritos
By european cuties kitchen, European Cutie's Kitchen
Rise and shine! Here is my healthy recipe for Freezer Friendly Skinny Breakfast burritos! You can make ahead and if
- 24 large eggs ( about 2 dozen)
- 2 large Bell peppers ( I use red for a sweeter flavor)
- 1 large white onion
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Cheddar Cheese ( I use light pre shredded chedder or for a kick use pepper jack!)
- Low Sodium Turkey Bacon
- 1 package 16 ounce mushrooms
- Salt and pepper to taste ( I use low sodium salt for a healthier option)
- 1 package tortillas